I'm not gonna lie... I'm looking forward to the clock striking 12:01 tonight as much as I was on New Years Eve. The past six months were a challenge. I really feel that July = a fresh start. Excited for what's ahead in the second half of my year. But I shouldn't complain... I've had a lot of fun in the first half of 2010 ;)
And so, you get my So Far This Year Confessions...
1. I've taken 31 flights. I wonder how much of my life is spent on an airplane.
2. The best books I've read were Let the Great World Spin and The History of Love. Both are set in New York and are amazing.
I have a love/hate relationship with an author adapting different writing styles for different characters but these are done to perfection.
3. My suitcase never gets unpacked until at least four days after I return from a trip.
4. I got a new tattoo on the inside of my left wrist. It says "joyful" in my handwriting. And I still want some more ink.
5. The best thing I've eaten was at Diner in Brooklyn with Amanda back in January. This steak. OMG. This steak.
The second best thing would probably be the flourless chocolate cake we had there for dessert (and is on my fork in the photo!)
6. I have somehow reverted back to my college days... pulling all-nighters, playing flip cup while blasting the theme song to Footloose, curling up on the couch with five friends to watch bad movies, dating the wrong people when I know better, and hanging out with super cool Spartans.
7. On every first date, except for one, I've somehow wound up down in the Village. And that one exception ended up taking me to the Village for sushi on our second date.
8. I've only seen my oldest little brother for about an hour and haven't seen my little little brother at all. That will be remedied in July.
10. I've taught awesome students in 40 classes plus two online classes. And spoiler alert... Sketchbook 2 is in the works for August.
11. Have not figured out who/what Justin Bieber is. Despite my hunger for pop culture, I'm happy to live in a world where I am blissfully ignorant to this.
12. I've discovered I love baseball games, late night ice cream cones, any rooftop party, using letterpress machines, emails that say "you're so New York," text messages that say "come over," Ian Axel, balconies in Long Island City, going on bike rides, dancing at concerts at the Bowery Ballroom, driving along the California coast, any artwork by Charley Harper, and the whole city of Portland.
Welcome, July. So glad to see you.