I'm always in need of recommendations when I travel so I wanted to start a new series of blog posts sharing currated city guides from my friends. They're all experts in their hometowns or current towns and happy to share the best of the best, the coolest of the cool. I hope this will become a great resource for you when you travel and help add a lot of places to your own wanderlist.
Samantha Roby runs the mouth watering Instagram account, Chicago Food Authority. She's got 30,000+ followers who live for her food posts. So who is better to tell you exactly what you should be eating when you visit the Windy City. Here are her 10 Best Things to Eat in Chicago:
1. Au Cheval - double bacon cheeseburger and don't forget the fried egg
2. Fat Rice - Arroz Gordo, which means fat rice and is the signature dish
3. Siena Tavern - truffle gnocchi
4. Dusek's - iron roasted Prince Edward Island mussels
5. Girl + the Goat - pig face (don't be scared by the name, it's delicious!)
6. Meli Cafe + Juice Bar - honey smoked salmon benedict
7. Big Star - al pastor tacos enjoyed out on their big patio
8. Half Shell - Alaskan king crab and snow crab leg combo dinner
9. Hot Doug's (which permanently closes October 3) - duck fat french friends
10. Jeni's Ice Cream - Brambleberry ice cream
Have you tried any of Samantha's top ten list? What else would you recommend as a must eat in Chicago? Let's hear it in the comments!