Blogging from a comfy hotel bed in Washington DC. Chatting with Sarah on the phone. Should be doing some work. Listening to Greg Laswell. Here for one night, back home tomorrow. Then Virigina Beach on Thursday.This year has been packed with travel.
I've loved it.
It's not over yet. More to come. So many places I still want to go in 2010.
And some confessions I've learned on my adventures:
1. I end up sleeping sideways in king sized beds.
2. Never ever take the hotel room by the ice machine.
3. Never ever keep the hotel room by the bachelorette party.
4. My friends always feel they must take me somewhere delicious to eat. No complaints from me on this one.
5. I get the loneliest right before bedtime. And end up calling Sarah. And she always asks, where are you now?!
6. If I'm in Miami, it's a given that I will call Chloe after a couple of cocktails.
7. There will be a Picasso in any art museum I go to. No matter what city.
8. Hotwire kicks Priceline's ass.
9. I can make friends anywhere. Especially with bartenders.
10. FLL sells Pepsi except there's a Coke machine hidden down by baggage claim. And it takes credit cards.
11. The worst part about traveling is the time away from my friends at home. I miss them.
12. If the hotel has Aveda, I will stockpile it like a chipmunk.
13. I can pack + make it to T5 for a flight to Boston within two hours. No sweat.
14. You can't run away from your problems. They'll find you anywhere.
15. You can't start a relationship if you're only in the same city two days a week.
16. You can feel right at home on a friend's couch.
17. You can be refreshed just by driving, sitting, laying, eating, walking, and swimming all alone.
18. Sometimes who you're with makes where you're at the best place in the world.
19. My parents never know where I am. Because I frequently forget to tell them that I'm leaving.
20. Someday I want someone to come on all these adventures with me. Especially if he will hold the camera out so we can take selfies everywhere we go.