I miss the days of gobbling up books in cafes in Paris and have been trying to keep up with the long pile of books I want to read. Trying to find little snatches of time in between tons of work. Here's what is on my list this month:
1. Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham - this doesn't come out until September 30 (preorder is available now) but you can bet your ass that I'm going to be digging into it on that day. My adoration for GIRLS has waned but I still think Lena is amazing. Truly amazing. Enjoyed this article about her in the NY Times.
2. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand - oh goodness. I first saw the incredible movie trailer for the film which is directed by Angelina Jolie. Mentioning it to a friend, he asked me if I had read the book and I knew I wanted to read it before seeing the movie. It's a biography but man, it reads like fiction because Louis Zamperini's story is unbelievable. A fantastic + inspiring book, I highly recommend.
3. Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris - I started this book of short stories last month, skipped around a bit, and just finished it up. Hilarious. The second half is about David's life in Paris and had me laughing out loud.
4. Happier at Home by Gretchen Rubin - I read The Happiness Project a few years ago and found it interesting, although a bit unrelatable to my lifestyle (she's a married mom.) Interested to give this one a go. I love books on happiness.
5. Why We Buy: The Science of Shopping by Paco Underhill - learned about this one from Elise on her podcast. My head is full of all the ideas about my business + brand so I've put this one on the must read ASAP list.
What are you reading lately? I'm still in search of more female memoir recommendations or short stories so if you've got 'em, leave 'em in the comments please.