I've got a unique gift guide to share today, this one with six suggestions for monthly clubs. I love getting surprises in the mail and these are carefully curated packages that are perfect to gift someone. Full disclaimer, I have not tried or subscribed to any of these yet myself but they are all highly praised by friends.
1. Olive Box: one of my favorite little boutiques in NYC is called Pink Olive, who carries a great selection of paper goods and pretty things. Their monthly club is called Olive Box and you'll receive cute hand-picked stationary and other fun items each month.
2. Birchbox: this is the club that the majority of my friends belong to and they've got nothing but a cool reputation. You receive a monthly delivery of high-end beauty, grooming, and lifestyle samples that have been customized for you. They even have a men's subscription for that guy who loves his products but hates shopping for them.
3. Craft Coffee: I have so many friends that I would love to send this to! You'll get 4oz of coffee from three different roasters along with tasting notes and brew tips for each blend. I think this is just brilliant.
4. Coolhaus: living in I had an addiction to Coolhaus ice cream sandwiches (blogged here) and it blows my mind that it can magically show up at your door each month. You can do a Pint of the Month Club or a Sammie of the Month Club. Please, let's all give the gift of ice cream.
5. Julibox: I think that Julibox has come up with a great twist on a monthly club... they send you ingredients for cocktails! Appealing to the mixologist in all of us, you get supplies for two new cocktails. Super cool. If you are looking for the more traditional wine of the month club, I've heard high praise for Plonk. They specialize in hidden gem wines that are notably inexpensive. You can do mixed, white, or red.
6. Trunk Club: I know a lot of women who belong to personal shopping monthly clubs and here's an alternative for men. Trunk Club is a Chicago based club and I know a few guys who use their services + a couple of the stylists. Thanks Trunk Club, for giving us more well dressed men in this world.
Wrapping up my Twelve Days of Gift Guides tomorrow with something fun - see you then!